Amtrak Ticket Details Added

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I have looked at my tickets after signing in at amtrak.com. Today I looked and when you click on your route and then view details, it now has the detailed schedule with all stops listed (I'm 99% sure this wasn't previously there).

For instance on the Empire Builder, it reads as follows...
  • Chicago, IL (CHI) - 2:15p
  • 2:39p | 2:39p - Glenview, IL (GLN)
  • 3:42p | 3:52p - Milwaukee-Downtown, WI (MKE)
  • 5:02p | 5:02p - Columbus, WI (CBS)
  • 5:31p | 5:31p - Portage, WI (POG)
  • 5:49p | 5:49p - Wisconsin Dells, WI (WDL)
  • etc....
It lists all 30 or so stations with arrival/departure times (so you can clearly tell the fresh air breaks as the stop time is longer).

Is this new or something I hadn't seen before (this is my first Amtrak trip).

Just checked the app, didn't see it there for my upcoming trips.
Would be nice feature, especially if dynamic, to have up-to-date info easily available.
By the way, the app now shows Car and Room for two of four of my upcoming trips.

I'm not using app, I'm at Amtrak.com and it still shows the detailed schedule on ticket.
I looked at my trips on the website after I made my last post and saw the schedule...it still doesn't show the entire length of the trip in a single view and/or print a hard copy.
Its just like the "create-your-own" schedule that's been there for a few months now. Difference is it uses the dates/times from your reservation.

You can click through each group of ten stations at a time and then at the end (after the last 10) it gives you the option of showing all 30 stations...which you can then do...
I just tried that, and when I click "Show All Stations," the whole schedule just disappears! Using Chrome on a Mac...

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 5.12.51 PM.png

Back