Amtrak Toys For Tots Train 2015 (with Ocean View Dome 10031)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdrail7

Engineer
After three threads of searching and (mis)adventure, Thanksgiving Week Dome/Chicago, Ocean View on today's 7 (11-22-15)? and Extra cars on #7(01), but no Ocean View Dome, the 10031 has departed Albany (not Beech Grove or Chicago but Albany) for its stint in the annual Toys For Tots train.

For those interested in tracking it, this brief, "fair use" quote has the schedule:

Here’s Toys for Tots area train schedule

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/heres-toys-for-tots-area-train-schedule/71114/

The 2015 Capital Region Toys for Tots Holiday Train will be making its stops this weekend,starting in Binghamton Saturday morning and ending its trip at Rouses Point on the Canadian border on Sunday afternoon.

Amtrak and Norfolk Southern will team up to operate the train, with Norfolk Southern operating it through the Schoharie Valley on tracks it purchased from Canadian Pacific Railway last spring. North of the Capital Region, Amtrak will operate the train with assistance from Canadian Pacific.

Here’s the schedule:Saturday, Dec. 5

10:20 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Binghamton Yard
12:05 p.m. to 12:40 p.m., Bainbridge
1:30 p.m. to 1:50 p.m., Oneonta
3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m., Cobleskill
4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m., Delanson.
Sunday, Dec. 6

8:55 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., Saratoga Springs Amtrak station
10:40 a.m. to 11:10 a.m., Whitehall Amtrak station
12:15 p.m. to 12:35 p.m., Port Henry Amtrak station
2 p.m. to 2:20 p.m., Port Kent Amtrak station
3:30 to 4:05 p.m., Rouses Point Amtrak station.

The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots campaign collects new, unwrapped toys each year “to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have people like you (ThirdRail7) on the Forum. I am a little shocked and even embarrased that so many friends who work for Amtrak in Chicago and Milwaukee who are normally very reliable sources of info on things like this gave me some bad info about it being in BEE for a refurb. I usually dont post things until confirming with 2-3 reliable sources. But, hey, when proven wrong, have no problem admitting it!!!

Glad to have people like you (ThirdRail7) on the Forum. I am a little shocked and even embarrased that so many friends who work for Amtrak in Chicago and Milwaukee who are normally very reliable sources of info on things like this gave me some bad info about it being in BEE for a refurb. I usually dont post things until confirming with 2-3 reliable sources. But, hey, when proven wrong, have no problem admitting it!!!
There is no need to be embarrassed. I'm not sure how Beech Grove played into this (maybe it heads there after this special) but the car was requested by the ski group. However, it seems as this move takes precedent and why not? It is a good move. Perhaps this will be a yearly plan for the dome. Only time will tell.

That being said, maybe you can show these videos to your friends in MKE. See if you can swing by CHI and show it to someone in a glass structure as well.

Here is the consist for the 2015 Toys for Tots Special:

NS Veteran Unit 6920

AMT Veteran Unit 42

AMT Heritage Unit 822

AMT 10001 Beech Grove

AMT 10021 Pacific Cape

AMT 10020 Pacific Bend

AMT 61003 LDSL Bag

AMT 61005 LDSL Bag

AMT 61006 LDSL Bag

AMT 82608 AM1 Capstone

AMT 10031 Ocean View Dome

AMT 10004 American View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnP8rkTjxYY

The AMT 145 Heritage Unit is on stand by in ALB. There are still plenty of opportunities to film this train today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back