Amtrak Track Your Train not working

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an older desktop PC with limited memory - my computer is S L O W

I use Chrome browser

I clicked on your link and the tracking map came up and worked just fine - however, it take a little bit to load since my PC is so S L O W

I resisted hitting reload and gave it the time it needed ...

I have an older desktop PC with limited memory - my computer is S L O W

I use Chrome browser

I clicked on your link and the tracking map came up and worked just fine - however, it take a little bit to load since my PC is so S L O W

I resisted hitting reload and gave it the time it needed ...

It might not be your old computer but the connection settings/configuration for your internet on that computer. Try running the free software "tcp optimizer" to perk up your download speeds. Works for me.

No, it's my PC ... the rest of our devices work quite speedy

upload_2020-1-29_15-38-8.png

As you can see - it is not a real fast PC and I am running Windows 10

However, this is straying off topic ...

I'm having the same problem for the past couple of days, on multiple devices. It's always worked before so I think something is wrong with the site.

Yes it’s been having issues for a while now. I brought it up with the Twitter Alerts account the other day when it was stuck at 3:15am on the 8th. They thought it was working until I pointed out it was stuck. So hopefully somebody knows and is working on it.

I upgraded to the latest Firefox 73.0 (64-bit) today. I specifically allowed pop-ups for the Amtrak site. I have my Ad Blocker Plus turned off for the Amtrak site. Yet, all I get is the US map with no train information, ie no "arrows." There's a shield icon to the left of the Firefox address bar. I clicked that and selected that the site was not working, and filed that report with Firefox.

I upgraded to the latest Firefox 73.0 (64-bit) today. I specifically allowed pop-ups for the Amtrak site. I have my Ad Blocker Plus turned off for the Amtrak site. Yet, all I get is the US map with no train information, ie no "arrows." There's a shield icon to the left of the Firefox address bar. I clicked that and selected that the site was not working, and filed that report with Firefox.

It’s most likely not a browser issue.

The problem started a couple of weeks ago with many trains showing incomplete data and some completely missing from the map. Then, a few days ago, all trains disappeared from the map and have not returned. It’s not a browser issue.

Also worth noting: there used to be a field at the top where you could enter a specific train number, and that field has disappeared too.

From Amtrak Twitter 1:52pm Sat. Nov. 15

Hi, Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the Track-A-Train feature on our website. We are aware of the issue and our development team is addressing this. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to get this feature up and running.

I guess I should have been more specific. It's suddenly working again FOR ME (sorry if it isn't working for you) using Safari on both Mac and iPad.

I guess I'm surprised it isn't working on Firefox, my experience has been that Firefox is the browser you go to when any web page doesn't work on other browsers; things always seem to work best on Firefox. Not this time, I guess.

I just tried it on Firefox on my Mac, and it's working there too. So the remaining problem must be Windows-specific.

From Twitter:

Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing. In the past we have noticed that our features and tools work better on chrome. We hope that works for you, if you were to have any other questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your support.​

Back