Amtrak train #1 today at Lafayette LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today i made it down to the Lafayette LA Amtrak station to videotape Amtrak train #1 today it had engine #1 in the lead the second was engine #2.

Also on a good note the local news media was viedotaping Amtrak coming in and also the boarding of train #1 we had about 15-20 passengers board the train today at Lafayette LA and belive it or not train #1 had to sit in the Station at Lafayette for 15 min to wait on time.

I have my video of train #1 arriving in Lafayette LA today that i will post on here for you all to see. :)

AmtrakFan said:
The 3rd on a Qualification run possibly?
No there off the extraboards Amtrak is just turrning the boards faster to keep the people from leaving down here there already short enough.NOL crew base has recived more money since the 2 storms to keep the employees working for exsample a ticket agent has been working 80hrs a week there is overtime to be made.

BNSF_1088 said:
and belive it or not train #1 had to sit in the Station at Lafayette for 15 min to wait on time.
Holy Moly! Stop the press! It actually happened before the New Year! An on time and having to wait for time "Sunrise Limited!" :lol:

Nice video, thanks for posting. We miss having it over here in FL. OBS...

Word on the street is CSX hopes to have the line from Mobile to NOL open Feb 1 to freight traffic. Maybe by the time the spring timetable comes around we'll have it back.

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
BNSF_1088 said:
and belive it or not train #1 had to sit in the Station at Lafayette for 15 min to wait on time.
Holy Moly! Stop the press! It actually happened before the New Year! An on time and having to wait for time "Sunrise Limited!" :lol:

Nice video, thanks for posting. We miss having it over here in FL. OBS...
This happens a lot for train #1 in Lafayette since there is so much time built in between NOL and LFT and your dealing with the BNSF Railway from Avondale LA to Iowa Jct and we get Amtrak over the road.

Most of the time train #1 sits in the station for 5-10 min waiting on time. :)

And then after it goes by CTC Iowa Jct which is about 12 miles east of Lake Charles LA only God knows what the UP will do to the poor thing. :angry:

Sorry, Matt, but your video link doesn't seem to work with WMP for Mac OS X.

If you have a chance, perhaps you could try to reencode it.

The first video link worked for me and I am using Mac OS X v. 10.4.3. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks for the link. Apparently a recent Camino nightly build didn't like the site, but downloading the video worked just spiffy. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back