Amtrak Train Station Lafayette IN Long term parking?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddleshoes

Service Attendant
Hi Folks

My wife and I are looking into a trip on the Cardinal for this fall.
Can anybody fill me in on long term parking at the Lafayette IN Amtrak Train Station?

Thanks.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hampton Inn across the Wabash river from the Station…..maybe see if they would allow parking for a small fee?

A pedestrian bridge crosses the river, which takes you right to the HGI. The lot at the station looks to have space for 16-20 cars, unsure if it is ”long term” parking.

Mike

Last edited:
The Amtrak web site entry for Lafayette IN under Parking states "Station parking is not available". Doesn't look good.
Doesn't look good, but doesn't absolutely rule it out. The listing for Kissimmee says the same thing, when there's a public parking structure at the adjacent SunRail commuter station, in which Amtrak has arranged to allow long-term parking.

Amtrak's website is being unhelpful as usual. It says that when you click on the big blue banner that says Parking but if you look in the station description above it says:

Limited same-day parking is available for Amtrak passengers nearby in the Big Four Depot lot on 2nd Street. Long-term and overnight parking is available in the Tippecanoe County Parking Garage at 210 Columbia Street. A permit is required for both locations and parking is free of charge. Call the Parking Operations Department at 765-807-1160 or email [email protected] five to ten business days in advance of your trip to get a permit.

Back