Amtrak Vacations Gift Certificates

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WICT106

OBS Chief
Has any member here ever used gift certificates from Amtrak Vacations ? If so, what was your experience like ? Do they have to be used for an Amtrak Vacations package trip, or can they be used in a fashion similar to regular Amtrak Gift Certificates ?

I just want to use them towards my next Florida trip, but I'm not interested in a package tour.

Yes, just call them, and tell them you only want a train ticket. They are just a travel agent.

Generally pretty friendly and professional, but their tour prices and hotel prices tend to be a bit high, but this shouldn't be an issue for you since you just want a train ticket. Let us know how it goes.

So would this be a way around the traditional gift certificates that are only redeemable in person? I have been waiting for e-ticketing to come out before purchasing any gift certificates as none of my family lives near a staffed station. If we can just phone in the Amtrak Vacations gift certificates, that sounds like a good workaround.

Hi Dart330, do you by chance happen to own a Dodge Dart? I do, mine is a '70 Swinger two-door with the legendary 225 slant six.

I had a 1962 Dodge Dart 330 with a 318 V8. I sadly no longer have it, but never changed my screen name. Most people assume I am just fond of playing darts.

I had a 1962 Dodge Dart 330 with a 318 V8. I sadly no longer have it, but never changed my screen name. Most people assume I am just fond of playing darts.
my first car in 1969 was a 1966 Dodge Dart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back