Amtrak Vacations Problems

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We traveled from Chicago to SF, to LA to Albuquerque by train in August. I sent a letter to Amtrak Inspector General and Amtrak Vacations about why I should be reimbursed for paying for a service I did not get. A woman tried to call me about it last week, but we did not connect. I called the number back, but got a recording that it was disconnected. So I have no way to contact her. So I guess that if they can't contact me in a no-paper manner, they will never let me know their response? What a company!!! I wonder what I should do now. If I call Amtrak Vacations I will be on hold for at least an hour and a half. As a last resort I suppose I will do that. DO NOT USE Amtrak Vacations!

Don't forget that Amtrak Vacations is not part of Amtrak. They are an independent travel agency that pays a license fee. We can probably give better advice if we know where the problem was; train, hotel, or tours. You can also start here: File a Travel Complaint | USAGov
Thank you for this info. I will file there! . . Between Denver and Grand Junction, CO I paid for a bedroom. I only found out that they were putting us on a bus due to track problems (after leaving Chicago) for which they never gave me an explanation. I asked for the difference between the coach costs and the bedroom costs for that portion of the trip.

Thank you for this info. I will file there! . . Between Denver and Grand Junction, CO I paid for a bedroom. I only found out that they were putting us on a bus due to track problems (after leaving Chicago) for which they never gave me an explanation. I asked for the difference between the coach costs and the bedroom costs for that portion of the trip.
Tracks in glenwood canyon were out of service due to mudslides that also shut down the interstate.

Back