Amtrak voucher expiration date?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinnaker

Lead Service Attendant
Amtrak gave me a voucher, because of my missed CL connection, It has an expiration date of July 25 2019. Is this the travel by date? Or just the last day I have to book a trip?

The expiration date should be the last available redemption date; that is, the last day you can use it to pay for travel (on any available future date). Be sure to read any applicable terms which may have been included with the voucher, as there have been modifications to the change/cancellation policy in the past year.

In any case, don't wait until the last day to redeem the voucher in the event there are unexpected events or possible glitches in the system which make redemption problematic. Unless otherwise stated, you can always book a reservation using the voucher and change it later if necessary.

Great thanks. There are very few terms on the voucher. It is why I asked. I would likely not wait till the last minute. My planned travel is in September and would like to be booked well before then.

Back