Amtrak VS Car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of things getting hit by a train, I was train watching down in good ol Pittsfield right by the Amshack and the new station under construction theres a large tunnel/underpass where the mainline goes through. Well I parked in the station parking lot and noticed that lights were shining on the sides of the tunnel so a train was comming. Then I looked down and there was a discarded couch on the tracks, no foolin! This is like something out of the Simpsons. Well anyways here comes this HUGE CSX freight going around 40 MPH smacks right into it and it disintagraded into what seemed like millions of pieces. Man it was a sight to see, I was laughing so hard. I could only imagine what the thing would do if that was a person on the tracks! :unsure:

I saw something in Winter Haven today, that always has and always will seem childish to me, quarters on the tracks. These three kids put quarters down on the tracks for 91 to roll over, it still baffles me why people do this, but then again driving around gates that are down baffles me, and it still continues to happen.

Car Ignores Railroad Arms, Collides With Train

Train Was Heading From New York To Miami

POSTED: 5:11 p.m. EDT June 22, 2003

LAKELAND, Fla. -- A car went around lowered railroad crossing arms Sunday and collided with an oncoming Amtrak passenger train, leaving the driver seriously injured.

Great title and opening line! It clearly does NOT blame the train as most articles seem to unintentionally do when they say "Amtrak train hits car". This title above is an example of excellent, accurate journalism, and we need more of it!

jccollins said:

LAKELAND, Fla. -- A car went around lowered railroad crossing arms Sunday and collided with an oncoming Amtrak passenger train, leaving the driver seriously injured.

Great title and opening line! It clearly does NOT blame the train as most articles seem to unintentionally do when they say "Amtrak train hits car". This title above is an example of excellent, accurate journalism, and we need more of it!
Finally! I like this news agency! :D :D :D

Well yes I agree with you that this article has a great and truthful opening line not blaming Amtrak. I mean there is very few instances that I can think of that the train would be at fault in these kinds of collisions such as going over the speed limit which caused the gates not to close on time.

jccollins said:

This is good journalism, not "urinalism", as in many of the grade crossing accidents between trains and highway vehicles in the recent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back