Amtrak Website Interactive Diagrams

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thanks. Amtrak seems to be playing around with their website although the changes seem rather bad such as the video tours which are pretty useless. Right now they are not even playing and it says "Video is Private".

Hopefully these interactive diagrams will stay.

The links I posted I have saved in my browser - you will play fun finding these links on the Amtrak site. They are still on their servers or they wouldn't work - but they are not being made public or easy to find - you may want to bookmark them or you may never find them again ... trust me, you won't just stumble on them whole perusing the Amtrak site

If you ever want to see the dimensioned diagrams as linked in Amtrak Blue's post, the smart thing to do is make screenshots of all nine of them and file them away someplace. There's no telling when that link will quit working and the diagrams lost to us.

Amtrak seems to keep a lot of useful information hidden from us - like timetables.

If you ever want to see the dimensioned diagrams as linked in Amtrak Blue's post, the smart thing to do is make screenshots of all nine of them and file them away someplace. There's no telling when that link will quit working and the diagrams lost to us.

Amtrak seems to keep a lot of useful information hidden from us - like timetables.
The timetables are hidden due to the fluctuation of the schedules due to the pandemic.

The virtual tour links may be hidden due to the impending end to browser support for Flash Player

By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash.
Google Chrome discontinued the use of Adobe Flash in update 53 of their browser. While the software can still be enabled through Chrome settings, Google has confirmed that effective the date of end of life for Flash, Google will completely block Flash from being able to run under the Chrome browser.
Adobe Flash Player is going away at the end of 2020 because “open standards like HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly have matured over the past several years”
By late 2020, it will no longer be possible to run Flash in the new versions of most Web browsers. The major browser vendors (Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, Apple) have announced they will stop supporting Flash Player as a plug-in after 12/31/2020

The timetables are hidden due to the fluctuation of the schedules due to the pandemic.
Each route’s schedule still exists, and you can book travel using these schedules; you just aren’t allowed to see these schedules in an easily digested format. None of the hosts over which Amtrak runs trains allow unscheduled operations. Excessive fluctuations would be a rational excuse if Amtrak was still maintaining schedules on paper but that hasn’t been the case in the decades. Computers maintain these details and can publish schedules in real time if setup to do so. Amtrak’s excuse basically boils down to the idea that keeping customers in the dark is somehow better than keeping them as informed as possible.

Each route’s schedule still exists, and you can book travel using these schedules; you just aren’t allowed to see these schedules in an easily digested format. None of the hosts over which Amtrak runs trains allow unscheduled operations. Excessive fluctuations would be a rational excuse if Amtrak was still maintaining schedules on paper but that hasn’t been the case in the decades. Computers maintain these details and can publish schedules in real time if setup to do so. Amtrak’s excuse basically boils down to the idea that keeping customers in the dark is somehow better than keeping them as informed as possible.
Corridor trains have been reduced. Not all trains are running. I ended up booking 2 Acelas for tomorrow because they had the best times for me. Normally I took NERs that ran hourly. Thankfully the prices were reduced also.

Back