Amtrak Whistlestop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
I recently submitted a trip report on my "Hockey Railtrip" this past spring to Amtrak's Whistlestop website... Well, my story was chosen for publishing (and is currently featured at http://whistlestop.amtrak.com -> Rider Memories) It seems that as soon as I submitted my trip report, I appeared on Amtrak's market research radar. I received a Facebook friend request from "Arte" the Amtrak Mascot.... and tonight I received a call surveying me on my Amtrak experience and my tv/radio/magazine/newspaper habits. It was quite comprehensive! Hopefully this means Amtrak is collecting data to target a media and advertising blitz!

Has anyone else had a similar experience recently?

My husband got the same survey phone call last night. I don't know why they called him instead of me. I'm the train freak in this house. I did all the research for our big trip last summer. I made the reservations and fixated on every detail of our trip. And I'm much nicer and better looking than he is, too.

Anyway, we did not post a trip report on Whistlestop or do anything unique that would get us on their radar, so maybe this survey is totally random.

I received a comprehensive survey phone call several weeks ago from a marketing company. I was asked questions about my Amtrak travel, other travel, rewards programs from hotels, airlines, etc.

I generally take several Amtrak round trips a year.

I had not previously posted any trip report with Whistlestop.

Both of my parents got a paper survey in the mail from our trip on the Adirondack on October 2. They didn't do anything that would have prompted this survey, so I guess they are doing some market research for something. However, their survey was only about the trip itself and public perception of Amtrak, there were no media use questions.

I recently submitted a trip report on my "Hockey Railtrip" this past spring to Amtrak's Whistlestop website... Well, my story was chosen for publishing (and is currently featured at http://whistlestop.amtrak.com -> Rider Memories) It seems that as soon as I submitted my trip report, I appeared on Amtrak's market research radar. I received a Facebook friend request from "Arte" the Amtrak Mascot.... and tonight I received a call surveying me on my Amtrak experience and my tv/radio/magazine/newspaper habits. It was quite comprehensive! Hopefully this means Amtrak is collecting data to target a media and advertising blitz!
Has anyone else had a similar experience recently?
Nicely written Whistlestop piece!

A few weeks ago, I looked at the 2010 Pirates and Cubs schedules (game dates are now available, but game times and ticket sales won't be until January) and figured out the two best weekends next summer for my PHL-PGH-CHI-WAS-PHL trip. Not 100% certain it'll happen, but your hockey trip write-up reminds me how fun it would be if I can make it work :)

Love the Whistlestop piece!

The most I've gotten from Amtrak is a paper survey for a ride on the Carolinian. The funny part was it was only valid for my outbound DNC-RMT portion and not the RMT-DNC ride back that I was on a few hours after arriving in Rocky Mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back