Amtrak wifi improvements

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the NEC, all the State trains were equipped with WiFi with state money from what I read. So unless the LD trains get some sort of "Sponsor" like the States or Row44, I don't think we will be seeing WIFI on the LD's anytime soon. Supposedly the the PPC has WiFi?

In January, couple hours out of El Paso, you loose all data coverage, but other than that we had data most of the trip on the Sunset.
AFAIK, there is no wifi on the Heartland Flyer, a state supported train.
Sounds like the State of Oklahoma and Texas needs to fork out some cash.
Forking out cash to do this would be a colossal waste of precious dollars, IMHO.

Other than the NEC, all the State trains were equipped with WiFi with state money from what I read. So unless the LD trains get some sort of "Sponsor" like the States or Row44, I don't think we will be seeing WIFI on the LD's anytime soon. Supposedly the the PPC has WiFi?

In January, couple hours out of El Paso, you loose all data coverage, but other than that we had data most of the trip on the Sunset.
AFAIK, there is no wifi on the Heartland Flyer, a state supported train.
Sounds like the State of Oklahoma and Texas needs to fork out some cash.
Or you need to have correct facts before stating things as fact.
I'm sorry, I'll have my lawyer review all responses from now on. You should write to Amtrak and gripe at them also: http://www.amtrak.com/journey-with-wi-fi-train-station since they claim "ALL SHORT DISTANCE."

"AmtrakConnect is now available on all of our short-distance routes throughout the country"

I can't find the link to the article about the States paying for the WiFi, but if I do, I'll post the name of the paper so you can write to them and correct them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PPC on the CS has limited (poor) wifi from SLO to EMY. The wifi is provided by the PPC car attendant's cell phone propped up in a window as a "hotspot".

They may also have some service between EUG and SEA.
There's supposed to be a legitimate wi-fi router in the PPC. Sounds like it was out of service when you rode and the attendant came up with a jury-rigged solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back