Amtrak's 2 for 1 Roomette Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
According to a Story on Google News ( no Link)Amtrak is offering a 2 for 1 Special in Roomettes from July 7 to 13, for Travel from July 17 to Sept 30,2020.

With the Travel Restrictions thst are now in place, and the Out of Control Spread of COVIN!19, I wonder how many people will take advantage of this offer??

For those of us getting too old to climb into a top bunk, two roomettes across the hall from each other are an ideal way to travel.
It's not two roomettes, it's buy one get one for the rail fare when two people travel in the same roomette. The room charge is not discounted with this offer.

With the Travel Restrictions thst are now in place, and the Out of Control Spread of COVIN!19, I wonder how many people will take advantage of this offer??

Traveling by Amtrak in a roomette is the safest way to travel across the country. That's the angle Amtrak should be pursuing.

I have yet to see a single travel restriction that applies to train passengers en route to other destinations.

RESTRICTIONS APPLY:
For 10 Days Only: Buy One Roomette and Your Companion Travels for Free
Experience a getaway unlike any other with the luxuries of a private room with comfortable, spacious seating by day and two individual beds at night. Ideal for any party of two, the Amtrak Roomette sale allows your “plus one” to travel for free with your ticket purchase. Choose from a select variety of Amtrak’s 500 destinations valid for this sale and plan your next excursion between July 13 – September 30, 2020.
Travel safely while physical distancing and unwind in your own private space. While onboard, you’ll have access to the conveniences of home, right at your fingertips.
To receive this discount use the Fare Finder above or enter code V306 when booking your trip on the Amtrak app. The offer is subject to availability and not valid on Auto Train. An advanced reservation of at least 3 days is required.
For sale July 7 – 17, 2020.
For travel July 13 – September 30, 2020.

Notice that this promotion ends exactly when LD service cuts are scheduled to begin. That makes sense since capacity will go way down as of October 1st.

I didn't think that they were trying too hard to fill the sleepers during the summer, but this suggests otherwise.

According to a Story on Google News ( no Link)Amtrak is offering a 2 for 1 Special in Roomettes from July 7 to 13, for Travel from July 17 to Sept 30,2020.

E-gads! Got a $500 TCV expiring Jan 19, 2021 which must be committed for a reservation by then... and way too many points which also need to be used. For now I'm gonna sit home, stay safe, and wait to see what happens.

I was actually getting jaded on those prior dining car meals served on landfill destined plasticware... we all say we miss so much, because the menu became the same for every train as per the slow and consistent food service deterioration over many years.

Can't imagine what it would be like to go back on the rails to 'experience' the further deterioration downgraded to those noxious tasteless unsatisfying starch, sodium, and fat laden 'flex meals' heated on the carcinogenic Polyethylene Terephthalate plates. Does Amtrak actually care about customer well being and loyalty??? Neep! It's all about politics and money! 🤬

I’m just thankful that Amtrak is still running, is offering some deals, and is trying to keep employees as safe as possible. If Contemporary Dining helps keep people from catching Covid-19 it’s a very small sacrifice that I’m happy to make. Trust me, I eagerly await the return of regular dining. But in the meantime I want people to be as safe as possible.

I’m just thankful that Amtrak is still running, is offering some deals, and is trying to keep employees as safe as possible. If Contemporary Dining helps keep people from catching Covid-19 it’s a very small sacrifice that I’m happy to make. Trust me, I eagerly await the return of regular dining. But in the meantime I want people to be as safe as possible.
Yes but, we're all concerned that after the pandemic is over, Amtrak will gleefully announce, "Due to the tremendous success and popularity of our innovative and highly appreciated flex dining concept, it's here to stay!" :mad:😱😨😰🥵🥶

Back