Amtrak's 40th Anniversary on PBS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domefoamer

Train Attendant
Did anyone else see the hourlong documentary about Amtrak's 40-year anniversary? It aired in Denver last night at 11 pm, and I assume it is in national circulation.

While it was great to hear Amtrak's issues discussed at all on TV, I found the film very disappointing regarding its style and quality. Why? I'll expound on that after somebody indicates that they care to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else see the hourlong documentary about Amtrak's 40-year anniversary? It aired in Denver last night at 11 pm, and I assume it is in national circulation.

While it was great to hear Amtrak's issues discussed at all on TV, I found the film very disappointing regarding its style and quality. Why? I'll expound on that after somebody indicates that they care to hear.
I missed it as well, I wonder if they will have it on the PBS website, sometimes they make their programs available for streaming.

Why did you find the film disappointing?

It must have been a "local" program; I watch PBS a lot (two outlets on my DirecTv), and have seen or heard nothing about this. More information, please.

Here's the blurb from Channel 6, Rocky Mountain PBS:

AMTRAK- THE FIRST 40 YEARS

America's Railroad marks 40 years of service with this exclusive look inside the company. From the making and building of Amtrak to the plans for the future, this is the definitive story.

The listing didn't give the production company's name. There's no telling when the program will show up on other areas, but look for it in the wee hours, like when it showed here.

I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of the show, so I'll hold my critique. But it's an hour-long assortment of interviews with some past Amtrak brass, including Restrup, and a private RR official who I can't name right now. It's worth your attention, and factual enough, but let's just say it's not up to the standards of a Ken Burns production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back