Amtrak's Southwest Chief to Albuquerque for the International Ball

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
AU friends, I just returned from a great trip by Amtrak's Southwest Chief Chicago to Albuquerque, NM, for the 2017 International Balloon Fiesta. While the blog and 6 of the photo galleries feature the Balloon Festival and touring with friends in Albuquerque, there is one gallery covering my trip on the Southwest Chief #3 October 4-5. I was on the westbound Chief held in Las Vegas, NM, over three hours waiting for freight railroad BNSF to repair a washout caused by excessive rainstorms in NM. We were released at 4:30 PM and arrived in Albuquerque about 8:30 PM over 4 hours late. That is also the date the eastbound Chief #4 was held in Lamy, NM, and eventually the lead engine collided with a boulder and had to be replaced by a freight engine and arrived in Chicago some 20 hours late.

The wrap up blog post can be found here: Southwest Chief to Albuquerque travel blog

Or you can go directly to the photo galleries here: Photo Galleries Southwest Chief to Albuquerque

If you have never view any of my photo galleries here is the home page link: Reagan's Photo Galleries

Back