Anaheim Station Moving

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwschenk

Train Attendant
This morning I got off the Surfliner 562 at Anaheim. There was a small notice on a bulletin board that the station would be closing Dec. 6. So, today was my final trip through this station.

I liked the old station. No amenities, for sure, but plenty of free parking, with no time limit. I've parked there for two weeks at a time with no issues. Been using that station a long time, since the days of the San Diegan.

The new ARTIC will be huge and fancy and hopefully an improvement. I just hope I can figure it out.

Wow, that means I've seen the entire lifetime of that station. I used to take Santa Fe's San Diegan from the Santa Fe Anaheim station at Lincoln Ave., which closed for passenger service at the start of Amtrak. A few years later, Amtrak opened the current station in the Anaheim Stadium parking lot, and now that one is closing.

Only problem I can see with the new station building is that it's a longer walk from the stadium -- I've only ever used the Anaheim station to go to Angels games. I wonder if they're going to have some sort of shuttle service (golf carts or the like) next season.

You can still exit from the old station entrance, labeled "Parking Lot C", as shown here at http://www.articinfo.com/ride-plan-your-trip/auto-parking and get to the stadium that way. The ARTIC platforms are to the east/south of the existing platforms but it should not be much more of a walk, certainly not compared to the maze at Sacramento.

I wish they had an easy to find diagram of the station on-line. I take the Surfliner to LA 2 to 3 times per month. I park, print my ticket at the kiosk and board the train all within 50 yards. So I'd like to know where is ticketing, where do you board Amtrak or Metrolink, etc. I'm not finding the website helpful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back