Anfleet I Amdinette in Dallas on Superliner Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chief

Lead Service Attendant
Monday 24 Feb. I spotted Amdinette 48201 behind baggage car and in front of transition sleeper in Dallas Union Station on WB Texas Eagle.

It appeared to have down/up connecting door w/transition sleeper, but doubt it was in service.

And yes, there was a Superliner diner, but no there wasn't a Sightseer lounge. Eagle did have three P42s (204-187-99); it usually runs two.

We don't see many Amdinette's heah in Texas.

Funny thing about the cars you sometimes see on trains. Speaking of Texas, I was on the Sunset two years ago and it had five or six single level cars ahead of the baggage car. Only one or two were Amtrak,they were Amfleet; the others were old cars from the private railroads.There was even a heavyweight mail car in the bunch. I have no idea where they were being taken or why. Quite a motley crew, but quite interesting. Those, plus the regular Superliners, gave the train just about everything long diistance trains would have ever had except Viewliners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back