Anniston AL parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediaman

Train Attendant
Taking a trip on the Crescent in a few weeks and will board in Anniston AL. Has anyone left a car parked at the station for several (six) nights?

Just noticed your post today. I live in Columbus GA and--although it is ten miles farther to drive from my house to Anniston than Atlanta--it is a "no-brainer". Twenty-one years ago I started boarding the Crescent in Anniston and have probably done so 50 to 60 times in that span. My trips I guess have been between one to seven days with my car parked there with absolutely NO issues. The last of which was 10-12 June 2021. They restrict the parking places adjacent to the station to "no overnight" now. But just across the parking lot is an area near a "stream" of water with sufficient space. At least that was the case about 4 weeks ago when I travelled--the were three other vehicles parking near me. Doubt there is any real security, but, compared to Amtrak's Atlanta location, it is spectacular.

Back