[Anniversary Trip] Am I Crazy?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of taking my wife for a trip on the Capital Limited (both ways) in early April. My wife is a trooper (we travel together a lot) and she has taken fairly long train trips (Philadelphia to Boston a couple of times) and one sleeper trip (the old Night Owl in the mid-1990s). She's also fine on cruises - she brings a couple of books. We would be reserving a bedroom.

Am I asking too much? Is this a bad idea?

I'm thinking of taking my wife for a trip on the Capital Limited (both ways) in early April. My wife is a trooper (we travel together a lot) and she has taken fairly long train trips (Philadelphia to Boston a couple of times) and one sleeper trip (the old Night Owl in the mid-1990s). She's also fine on cruises - she brings a couple of books. We would be reserving a bedroom.
Am I asking too much? Is this a bad idea?
Go for it! I say she more than likely will enjoy it if she enjoyed the other trips.

Doesn't seem to be a real long trip-but I would definitely use bedrooms.

You could always bring some bubbly along to celebrate in your bedroom if you choose to!

Thanks, folks!
A bedroom is a MUST, roomettes too dang tiny. I'd also bring along the "Bubbly" of still wine of your choice, to consume in your bedroom, if you do imbibe. No rules against it, just can't go traipsing thru the rest of the train with your own bottle.

Have fun...

I am also engaged to a real "trooper" and out honeymoon this September is LNK-SAC and then SAC-SEA. We will spend 5 nights in Seattle and watch the Huskers vs Huskies then board the Empire Builder from SEA-CHI and then overnight one night and then CHI-LNK. She's looking as forward to it as I am. We are going to have alot of "down" time which we never have when we are home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back