Another Day, Another Incident-Shuttle in Windsor Locks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dow

Train Attendant
I just drove through Windsor Locks, and there was police activity around the Route 159 / 140 intersection where there is a crossing for the New Haven / Springfield Shuttle. I went through about 12:50, and the reporters were just leaving, so it must have happened at least an hour ago. I'm guessing that it was the #460 northbound which is scheduled in Windsor Locks at 11:40. It could have also been the southbound #401 scheduled for Windsor Locks at 10:58.

When I went through the area, there was an Amtrak Police SUV, a couple ambulances and a couple police cars. There was also a Dattco bus on the scene. The locomotive was still running with the two coaches parked just north of the road crossing, but before the old station. Since they were north of the crossing, I'm guessing it was the #460. There didn't seem to be much urgency going on. No roads were closed at the time I went through. I haven't seen anything on the local news sites yet, so I don't know what actually happened. There weren't any tow trucks or vehicles in the area with bent metal that I could see.

Here's a short

showing the crossing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just drove through Windsor Locks, and there was police activity around the Route 159 / 140 intersection where there is a crossing for the New Haven / Springfield Shuttle. I went through about 12:50, and the reporters were just leaving, so it must have happened at least an hour ago. I'm guessing that it was the #460 northbound which is scheduled in Windsor Locks at 11:40. It could have also been the southbound #401 scheduled for Windsor Locks at 10:58.

When I went through the area, there was an Amtrak Police SUV, a couple ambulances and a couple police cars. There was also a Dattco bus on the scene. The locomotive was still running with the two coaches parked just north of the road crossing, but before the old station. Since they were north of the crossing, I'm guessing it was the #460. There didn't seem to be much urgency going on. No roads were closed at the time I went through. I haven't seen anything on the local news sites yet, so I don't know what actually happened. There weren't any tow trucks or vehicles in the area with bent metal that I could see.

Here's a short

UGH. I am supposed to be on a train WFD - NHV on this route tomorrow....one would assume that the trains would be running again by then, right? it is a stupid little points run and there is no way that I am taking a bus.

The Hartford Courant is reporting that a 44 year old man was killed riding his bicycle. Sheez. If someone isn't smart enough to know how to stay alive, why do they need to inconvenience so many people? He could have just gone hiking along a mountainside with loose rocks.

Update: The track was reopened at about 2 PM.

The Hartford Courant is reporting that a 44 year old man was killed riding his bicycle. Sheez. If someone isn't smart enough to know how to stay alive, why do they need to inconvenience so many people? He could have just gone hiking along a mountainside with loose rocks.

The answer is here: www.darwinawards.com

The answer is here: www.darwinawards.com
Ok honestly I am really get to sick to death of someone bringing up the darwin awards every time there is incident.

I had a lovely little ride this morning down to NHV and then a nice time seeing the 40th anniversary exhibit train in NHV. They had one little placard that had some station codes and it reminded me of this forum - you had to match the station code with the city name! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back