Another Fare Bucket Chart

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate your kind words. Had initially planned to make an LD bucket chart showing fares from each end point to all the places where LD trains meet and LD trains meet any other train, but this one seemed easier.

You're welcome!

While the chart above has only 26 different sections, a chart with all the trip leg buckets between jump-off points between LD trains and between an LD and non-LD train (my initial idea) would have more than 50 sections. F'rinstance, if somebody had the silly notion of taking Amtrak from PGH to TWO, the cost of the LD segment between CLE and BUF might be of interest. Then again, who in their right mind woul...............

construction.jpg

Certainly! But it just takes longer. AmSnag gets it fares from Amtraks Arrow, so when AmSnag is belly up fares can still be had from Amtrak.

Certainly! But it just takes longer. AmSnag gets it fares from Amtraks Arrow, so when AmSnag is belly up fares can still be had from Amtrak.

This quote from Paul leads me to believe that AmSnag is a web scraper not tied into Arrow via API:

I noticed that what I referred to as the backup was unable to retrieve fares; but at least the slower, original one was working. But now it hanging.

I have time; and I will see if I can figure out the problem. Recently Amtrak's fair finder webpage was changed, the second time during amsnag's lifetime (I recall several AU threads complaining about it). As I mentioned, the original version was still working for a while; and if you clicked through to Amtrak, you got the prior version's page with the search results.

It's possible that Amtrak pulled down the prior version, which would kill amsnag and require starting from scratch.

True. Using Amtraks Arrow, you get one day at a time. Using AmSnag you get/got as many as 30 days in one swell foop!

I was lucky to have obtained most of those fares prior to AmSnags current problem.

Back