Any gift shops in Chicago Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me that the CVS (or maybe it is Wallgreens) across the street from Union Station (across Adams Street I think) may have some gifts. Another choice might be the Ogilvie Transportation Center just a few blocks away. They had a nice bookstore and maybe have gifts as well. Of course this was pre-pandemic so I can't speak for the current situation. If you have a long layover in Chicago and are up for a hike or an Uber, the Art Institute should have plenty of gifts.

I was gonna go to UA Brand House but i looked and it's 2 miles away way to far to walk and I'm not gonna pay $13 r/t for a taxi.
If by UA you mean Under Armour on north Michigan Avenue, you could take the 151 bus to/from from Union Station. Not as fast as a taxi but significantly cheaper ($2.50 if you went there and back within 2 hours, $4.50 round-trip if not). There's a CTA fare machine in Union Station by the Metra ticket office.

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by "gifts'? I've purchased many nice housewarming items at the Nuts on Clark store near the food court.

An Amtrak gift shop selling Amtrak branded items seems like a good idea to me. The store could also sell other items as well just like the shops in airports that sell books/newspapers, candy, etc.
There was such a Shop in Union Station till the Remodel began, but perhaps Amtrak feels that it didn't provide enough Revenue and the Space could better be used for other.purpoes.

I don't look for it to return.

Back