Any idea when new Superliner Cars will go live on the SWC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would last a week maybe? until the first car is shopped and replaced with non matching interior and when that car is repaired it goes in another (non refurbished) consist and that is the end of the matched consist.
Good point...

I can't tell from the pictures. Are the bedroom seats leather except for the head rest? I would have to set on a towel instead of that for comfort if it is.

The vinyl seats will probably be a bit less comfortable, but I understand the reasoning given how stained and nasty the cloth ones can get. Remember that sleeper cars #1 customers are elderly folk, and many of them can have bladder/bowel control issues. Not to mention the people who put their dirty shoes up on the opposing seat in the roomettes. The new seats will be cleaner and last longer.

In my case I never have my room in the day configuration anyway. I like to lie down or sit cross-legged, so I always have them make the bed when I board. With the improved linens it should be much nicer.

Remember that sleeper cars #1 customers are elderly folk, and many of them can have bladder/bowel control issues.
As someone who is well on his way to becoming an "elderly folk," I resent the insinuation. I've been riding on the cloth seats for decades, and I've never encountered **that** kind of mess on the seats. The problem is more likely people spilling food, Coke (or in the past, Pepsi), coffee, and beer on to the seats. Or maybe younger couples who can't control their passions deciding to have some hanky-panky without bothering to have the SCA make up the bed first.

Also, according to the background information in the Amtrak 5-year plan document posted elsewhere on this forum, senior citizens only make up 37% of the riders on Amtrak long-distance services.

So there. :)

As someone who is well on his way to becoming an "elderly folk," I resent the insinuation. I've been riding on the cloth seats for decades, and I've never encountered **that** kind of mess on the seats. The problem is more likely people spilling food, Coke (or in the past, Pepsi), coffee, and beer on to the seats. Or maybe younger couples who can't control their passions deciding to have some hanky-panky without bothering to have the SCA make up the bed first.

Also, according to the background information in the Amtrak 5-year plan document posted elsewhere on this forum, senior citizens only make up 37% of the riders on Amtrak long-distance services.

So there. :)
I know you speak (partially) in jest, but spend some time on the Auto Train...I cleaned up more "accidents" and saw(!) more accidents than I care to remember...

One of the worst accidents of the sort that I came across was on the CZ and it caused me to have to move to another room from the one I was assigned to originally while boarding at Denver. Apparently a 20 something over-imbibed and then threw up all over the Roomette.

I couldn't find an update for the Superliner Refresh rollout in the last few months. Does anyone have an update on how many refurbs are in service? Is it just coach cars or have sleepers/SSL been introduced into service? Are certain routes going to get the refresh ahead of others?

I couldn't find an update for the Superliner Refresh rollout in the last few months. Does anyone have an update on how many refurbs are in service? Is it just coach cars or have sleepers/SSL been introduced into service? Are certain routes going to get the refresh ahead of others?
Don't know the anser to the first few questions. The answer to the last question is that refurbished cars will in various trains as they become available. They are not going to be targeted for any specific train.

Back