Any sites that show fares basedon date of travel for Amtrak?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amsnag was a great site for finding lowest fares, sadly the changes to the main Amtrak website, and the three days a week means it is no longer functioning.
Best advice is to just do a few trial (pretend) bookings to get a feel for the fares. I mostly found that midweek travel was cheapest, but I guess it may depend on the route.

Amtrak’s site shows fares based on selected date. Do you mean by range of dates?

Amsnag did the range of dates until last year when Amtrak made changes to their data.

I believe Amtrak is in the process of providing fares for a range of 6 days. 3 days before your selected date, selected date & 3 days after selected date.

I believe Amtrak is in the process of providing fares for a range of 6 days. 3 days before your selected date, selected date & 3 days after selected date.

I would love it if they would have that capability! I am hoping to make a trip next February. That time of year, almost everything would be low bucket if I booked my usual 11 months out, but I can't do it that way this time (COVID and family reasons). Still hoping for the cheapest possible fare.

Back