Any updates on TfL and other SE England potential strikes? (2022-23)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody got any good info on planned strikes on the Underground/TfL services and other rail in SE England for next week? I did a cursory search in some English newspapers but nothing concrete yet, so if anybody has a good source to keep an eye let, do post it!

Due to my recent UK trip I am still getting updates from Great Northern and Transport for Wales ( the latter helpfully provided in Welsh as well as English 🙂) for upcoming "industrial action".
I had to set up accounts for my pending reservations in November and they do seem to keep us well-informed. It would be interesting of some of our British friends filled in more details of what people do/alternatives in these situations.

So a quick update - will do an abbreviated trip report when I get a chance and energy levels increase.

1. No industrial action during trip.
2. Elizabeth Line is (absolutely) fabulous. The new stations are gorgeous and spacious. Trains nearly silent and silky smooth.
3. Whole system is immaculate, especially when compared to the CTA (train to O'Hare reeked of stale cigarettes and cigarette butts all over the floor).
4. System was well patronized even off hours.

Biggest drama was unexpected visit to Iceland on return flight - a two night layover on a non-stop flight...

So a quick update - will do an abbreviated trip report when I get a chance and energy levels increase.

1. No industrial action during trip.
2. Elizabeth Line is (absolutely) fabulous. The new stations are gorgeous and spacious. Trains nearly silent and silky smooth.
3. Whole system is immaculate, especially when compared to the CTA (train to O'Hare reeked of stale cigarettes and cigarette butts all over the floor).
4. System was well patronized even off hours.

Biggest drama was unexpected visit to Iceland on return flight - a two night layover on a non-stop flight...
Glad you had a good trip - and the weather hasn’t been too bad for you. You’re one-up on me re the Elizabeth Line, but I’m hoping to get to try it in the next few weeks.

Back