Any way to board train 50 on NEC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Train 50 is so frequently late that I would not even bother giving this a second thought.

On a normal basis no one will man the gate on a discharging train. It's not as they are usually boarding pax there. But should someone be there and show a MSS-NYP ticket I would guess that the person walked up and got something to eat or drink and wants to go back to their train. That's my view.
But if the passenger did not board in MSS and the eticket was not scanned, the reservation might be canceled by the time the train gets to WAS. Not that there would be anything gained by canceling the reservation because the seat is not going to be resold on the rest of the trip to NYP, but the software may do that automatically.
Open sleeper tix are traditional paper tickets.

On a normal basis no one will man the gate on a discharging train. It's not as they are usually boarding pax there. But should someone be there and show a MSS-NYP ticket I would guess that the person walked up and got something to eat or drink and wants to go back to their train. That's my view.
But if the passenger did not board in MSS and the eticket was not scanned, the reservation might be canceled by the time the train gets to WAS. Not that there would be anything gained by canceling the reservation because the seat is not going to be resold on the rest of the trip to NYP, but the software may do that automatically.
While true, I'm not sure if that matters. Any door guard in the station isn't going to have a scanner, and once you're on the train you're good.
Thanks for mentioning that Ryan. I'd actually be more worried about APD noticing me heading to the platform through a closed door. That's me though.

Train 50 is so frequently late that I would not even bother giving this a second thought.
Ditto Anthony. I should also say it's nice to still have you aboard AU!

I've traveled 50 once. Back in February, We left Chicago about an hour late, made up about 45 minutes of that. No kidding. Just to lose 2 hours waiting for a late Train 51. The SCA came by my room and said we're gunna be here for an hour waiting for the other Cardinal. We waited about 30 minutes then made our way into CVS. After CVS we made a little time up just to sit for 1 hr and 30 mins after Culpepper. To the point where they put the HEP in standby mode from running mode. The scanner revealed some Signal troubles. The conductor even asked the head end if they wanted something from the cafe. I ended up arriving in Philadelphia about 2 hrs 30 mins late. About 11pm. Keeping my poor brother up who has to get up at 5am to goto work. It's ok I bought him something in Chicago and bought him lunch the next time I met up with him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back