Are Amtrak maintenance shops open 24/7?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beech Grove is really only working 7-3 the times I've been there. It is like a ghost town come 3:30.

Chicago is working 24/7.

Sunnyside Yard should also be 24/7 but I don't think they have a night switch crew on duty or at least thats what they tell the PV community on why we can't be removed off 89/90 or the Night Owl at NYP.

Beech Grove is really only working 7-3 the times I've been there. It is like a ghost town come 3:30.

Chicago is working 24/7.

Sunnyside Yard should also be 24/7 but I don't think they have a night switch crew on duty or at least thats what they tell the PV community on why we can't be removed off 89/90 or the Night Owl at NYP.
Yeah. When Thirdrail7 was around he had informed us that Sunnyside had pretty much got rid of the third shift for servicing LD trains and that nothing was done to the LD consists (other than the Palmetto which is treated mostly as a Corridor train and is apparently shared with the Pennsylvanian thus not requiring any servicing at night anyway) that arrived on the day of arrival. The morning crew got started on them to ready them for departure, and all the delays consequent upon that followed.

Yeah. When Thirdrail7 was around he had informed us that Sunnyside had pretty much got rid of the third shift for servicing LD trains and that nothing was done to the LD consists (other than the Palmetto which is treated mostly as a Corridor train and is apparently shared with the Pennsylvanian thus not requiring any servicing at night anyway) that arrived on the day of arrival. The morning crew got started on them to ready them for departure, and all the delays consequent upon that followed.

I miss ThirdRail7 I sure hope he is doing well and is alright.

Back