Are you scared to take the train now?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've felt so much more safe traveling on Amtrak during this pandemic than on any of the other modes of travel I've used. The cutbacks to 3x service were really unfortunate, but they did result in trains being staffed totally by experienced Union members who enforce the face mask rules.

One improvement I still suggest is that Amtrak needs to increase the number of cars on the California Zephyr and the Capitol Limited, as both are frequently sold out. I have to imagine they would be more Socially Distanced with more cars. The Capitol usually runs with only four cars which is just not enough.

Scared to travel, maybe. But, I'm also just too damn lazy to put up with the protocol it takes to assure I'm semi protected. And then, the travel part is probably the less of two evils. What am I going to do when I get there, hang out, hit a few Honky -Tonks, doubt that. Visit friends, don't think so. I'm perfectly happy trying to maintain right where I'm at.

Last edited:
Scared to travel, maybe. But, I'm also just too damn lazy to put up with the protocol it takes to assure I'm semi protected. And then, the travel part is probably the less of two evils. What am I going to do when I get there, hang out, hit a few Honky -Tonks, doubt that. Visit friends, don't think so. I'm perfectly happy trying to maintain right where I'm at.
Can you make any short turn trips, ie day trips where you dont have to spend much time in a Station or City,just a nice Train ride ?

Back