Atlantic Coast Service discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find out from your SCA what is happening with them? That might give a clue as to what is happening with the consist.
She didn't know beyond the fact that they were being bussed as well, by the sound of it all the way to Miami. She was beyond frustrated at the lack of information any of them got. They were in the dark about the plans up to the point they were called together in the cafe car.

92/98(9) has been stop & go just north of Richmond. People chatting on the Ashland webcam say there is a disabled vehicle blocking the tracks. NER 93 has been sitting at Ashland station for 25 minutes.

92 & 98 were uncombined somewhere south of Ashland. 😢 92 finally came thru Ashland, followed by 98 a few minutes later, with normal consists.

Someone on the chat who said he was working on 98 said he had heard that 52 & 53 each had 3 freight locos added for the S-line transit.

Have a round trip booked on the Star in early March. Roomette in car 11. My understanding is the 11 car is a VII. I', in room 2 going south and room 1 going north. How are the roomettes numbered in relation to the restrooms?

Have a round trip booked on the Star in early March. Roomette in car 11. My understanding is the 11 car is a VII. I', in room 2 going south and room 1 going north. How are the roomettes numbered in relation to the restrooms?
The lowered numbered rooms are the furthest from the restrooms.

Took Tri-Rail up to Fort Lauderdale and had time to catch the Star arriving while waiting for a bus connection. Managed to get a video - was kind of neat to see given we don’t get sleepers/diners in Michigan.
The end of the clip is a good angle to see the difference in the underbody skirting between the VL I & the VL II.

Based on what I read on FB, it was temporary - for a few days (termite treatment at the station).
Wonder if it's still closed as it's not on the Amtrak's online schedules right now, I had checked a few days ago when someone asked about it. Just checked now and still missing.

Wonder if it's still closed as it's not on the Amtrak's online schedules right now, I had checked a few days ago when someone asked about it. Just checked now and still missing.
On FB, a very reliable SCA on the Meteor posted that the station will open Monday.

I'll be taking train 91 from BAL to FL in early May. I'll be traveling alone and would like to book a roomette. How can I determine whether I get an old Viewliner or the newer one? I may be an exception but I prefer the older Viewliner with the toilet in the room.

Thanks!

I'll be taking train 91 from BAL to FL in early May. I'll be traveling alone and would like to book a roomette. How can I determine whether I get an old Viewliner or the newer one? I may be an exception but I prefer the older Viewliner with the toilet in the room.

Thanks!
Usually 9110 is old and 9111 is new when it has two Sleepers.

Is there a way to book a certain car so I get a Viewliner I? Or do I have to call to request it?
I usually book online and check which car I got. If it is the wrong car I call to get it changed. One could of course do the original booking by calling. I just don;t like to talk to live persons if possible, hence my approach.

I usually book online and check which car I got. If it is the wrong car I call to get it changed. One could of course do the original booking by calling. I just don;t like to talk to live persons if possible, hence my approach.
I do the opposite. I am more picky about room number/letter. I phone AGR to make my reservations almost always. I try to phone right at 8am Eastern so the wait is not too long. Sometimes, I am unable to get my room of choice and try later to change. Sometimes inexperienced agents state that it will cost more to change rooms.

I do the opposite. I am more picky about room number/letter. I phone AGR to make my reservations almost always. I try to phone right at 8am Eastern so the wait is not too long. Sometimes, I am unable to get my room of choice and try later to change. Sometimes inexperienced agents state that it will cost more to change rooms.

So would an agent know which room has the old style roomette with the toilet?

So would an agent know which room has the old style roomette with the toilet?
Generally, the agents do not know which cars are old vs new. They often do not know the difference between Superliner rooms and Viewliner rooms. However, when making a reservation, for example, for train 91 or 92, if you want an old car (assuming consists stay the same as they are now), you could request a room in 9110 or 9210.

Does the same rule about numbers apply to train 98? I have a trip in 9811 and was wondering if that will also be the VII.

In that case, I guess I got unlucky and ended up with the VI. But who knows how things will be in a few months, so I'm just going to keep it. Thanks!

I haven't been around in quite some time, so permit a couple of questions for the Silver Meteor that relegate me to newbie status:

1) I have a roomette in 9810. Is this a Viewliner II?

2) I am connecting to a Northeast Regional train in New York. There is an approximately 1.5 hour layover. As a sleeper passenger arriving in New York, do I get access to the lounge?

3) The trip is from Lakeland to Springfield, MA. The only option was a bus from Lakeland to Orlando. Is this because the Silver Star doesn't have good connections in New York to get to Springfield?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back