AU Texans (weather information)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Freak

Engineer
I would appreciate all Texans to keep AU informed of the upcoming weather events in your part of the country. Trying to see how my new medication for stress works with Amtrak Drama! LOL!!! ( Hopefully, I'll be on the TE next week!!!

Were due for a Weather change this week with Cooler Temps ( hopefully the 100 Degree Days are over!)and a good chance for Rain overthe next week!!!:)

The 15 Day Forecast for North/Central/West Texas calls for Normal Seasonal Temps ( Fall starts next week) and Above Normal Percipitation!:cool:

Were due for a Weather change this week with Cooler Temps ( hopefully the 100 Degree Days are over!)and a good chance for Rain overthe next week!!!:)

The 15 Day Forecast for North/Central/West Texas calls for Normal Seasonal Temps ( Fall starts next week) and Above Normal Percipitation!:cool:
The reason I ask is because the Weather Channel is hyping things up like Texas is having another Harvey!!!

Dont they always now days!:mad:

Every little Storm has to have a Name and be hyped as " The Storm of the Century!":rolleyes:

I'm a Meteorologist in Texas. My first advice - STOP WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL. ;)

That's how the Weather Channel and other news programs make money...hype whatever they think will keep viewer's glued to their screens...nothing like a good Cat. 5 hurricane coming, or wide spread severe weather warnings to 'scare' people with...:rolleyes:

I'm a Floridian, & Dorian got my attention! I was also glued to the Weather Channel! I wish I had the means to help those in the Bahamas in a significant way!!!

In the past how much rain does it take to cause track damage/flooding in the Houston area?

It all depends on how much rain we've gotten leading up to the big event. If it's a week after Harvey, a passing shower is a big deal. If it's 2011 and the drought is so bad we're using ziplines to get across the cracks in the ground in the baseball outfield...

Back