Austin's Red Line

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how it goes.

When they are measuring the performance of the midday trains, be sure to check the existing trains. I have a theory that when you provide mid-day service or late night service, ridership on existing trains is pushed upward simply because people like having the security those extra trains provide, even if those extra trains are only half full.

People are very skittish and paranoid creatures and don't like to feel trapped. They want to know that they will be able to get home. That's why I think commuter rail lines with zero midday service that ends at 6PM do not do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: As someone who lives in Austin and rides this line,, Ive been a missionary and gotten several people that were commuting via Hiway 183 (aka parking lot 183! :eek: )to try it out, they bought monthly passes, now regulars! The Friday night and special activity runs that are being considered/implemented will also help, lots of folks love to come downtown from the burbs to party and we sure want the adult beverage consumers to ride inside of drive!

The prices actually went down Jay for the Red Line, they went up for the Cap Metro busses! (aka Keystone Cops!)Times are tough in Austin, the Leg is in town, the tea party yahoos are running amok, lock up the women and the children and ride the Red Line! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they could add weekend services followed by a route extension down here to SAT. :lol: Not that any of the Tea Party hillbillies would ride it, but I sure would! :cool:

I wish they could add weekend services followed by a route extension down here to SAT. :lol: Not that any of the Tea Party hillbillies would ride it, but I sure would! :cool:
Lone Star Rail is working on a commuter line between Austin and San Antonio. They are a little short on cash.

If you have a billion dollars that you could donate it would really help.

Back