Auto Train #52, Car 5240

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably right behind the baggage car. That's a transition sleeper.

I accessed the Amtrak Sleeper Car diagram for a transition sleeper. I saw no Roomette #14 which is where my accommodation is.

I made my booking based on what I have seen and experienced on Amtrak's website and and have experienced.

Why would this train have a baggage car when it is carrying automobiles that contain the luggage of guests?

I question the accuracy of your post. Sorry to have to do so.

The Deluxe Sleeper has roomettes on the lower level so it has #11-14.
Just checked the diagram on the Amtrak Car Design Website and that is what I saw. That's OK for me. The diagram shows no shower facility. But, there are 4 toilet facilities for 4 Roomettes. Is that correct?

I might be wrong, but I believe one of those 4 has the shower

I'm unclear as to what you are saying. One of the 4 roomettes has a shower? The Car Design Website shows 4 standard Superliner Roomettes, a family room, and a Handicap Room on the lower level of the Deluxe Sleeper. I know the family room would not have a shower; don't remember about the handicap room.

Where is this car in the train consist? Is it close to the Sleeper Dining Car? Close to the SSL?

Will I have to remain in my Roomette until the Conductor "picks up" my ticket upon departure from Sanford? I think I would prefer to be seated in the SSL when we depart from Sanford simply because of sightseer reasons while it is still light.

Where is this car in the train consist? Is it close to the Sleeper Dining Car? Close to the SSL?

Will I have to remain in my Roomette until the Conductor "picks up" my ticket upon departure from Sanford? I think I would prefer to be seated in the SSL when we depart from Sanford simply because of sightseer reasons while it is still light.
Your ticket is "collected" when you check in and are issued a boarding pass. You are free to use the SSL as soon as you board if you wish....

Your ticket is "collected" when you check in and are issued a boarding pass. You are free to use the SSL as soon as you board if you wish....
Good!

I am still wondering where my sleeper might be located in the train. It's high car number, 5240, has me wondering.

Back