Auto Train Roomette Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I received an email from Amtrak today with the following text:

Save 20% on Auto Train Roomette travel
From now until June 24, book a Roomette and save 20% for travel through August 31, 2020. Roomettes offer physical distancing in your own clean, private room, with comfortable seats by day and sleeping accommodations at night.​
Book your trip on Amtrak.com to apply the discount.​
Amtrak® is committed to keeping you safe with enhanced and more frequent cleaning on trains and in stations, as well as limiting the number of passengers to support physical distancing. We are waiving change fees for new and existing reservations made before August 31, 2020, including reservations booked with points, so you can book your trip with confidence.​
Offer requires 3 day advance purchase.​

Thanks for posting this. I am so grateful for the continued relaxed cancel policies.
Not sure I will make it to Florida with the kids this summer. Even with avoiding bars/restaurants.
We will, as a country, get back to where we'd like to be, for safe travel options. Just not convinced it will happen as soon as people would like. So....thinking summer of 2021.

A sale on roomettes is nice, but unfortunately I live on the other side of the country.

Random question?

If the Auto Train is doing so great that there are going to be NO service reductions why are they offering a sale?

On the flip side if the rest of the network is doing so poorly that they have to discontinue services why aren’t those trains on sale to boost ridership.

I posted on the other thread this morning the numbers from the Trains News wire stating the network trains are currently producing the most revenue in the system by a large percentage.

This is all more evidence of managements disingenuous plans for the network. Numbers and actions don’t back up there plans.

I received an email from Amtrak today with the following text:

Save 20% on Auto Train Roomette travel

From now until June 24, book a Roomette and save 20% for travel through August 31, 2020. Roomettes offer physical distancing in your own clean, private room, with comfortable seats by day and sleeping accommodations at night.​
Book your trip on Amtrak.com to apply the discount.​
Amtrak® is committed to keeping you safe with enhanced and more frequent cleaning on trains and in stations, as well as limiting the number of passengers to support physical distancing. We are waiving change fees for new and existing reservations made before August 31, 2020, including reservations booked with points, so you can book your trip with confidence.​
Offer requires 3 day advance purchase.​
Great Info. - Thanks
I'm already booked for Jan.2021- maybe there will be another sale offering prior to our departure date.🤞

Back