Avoiding a duplicate/impossible booking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs9

Lead Service Attendant
I currently have a (refundable) Amtrak coach reservation for 12/27. However, my holiday plans may be changing, and I'm looking to book a different ticket on the same day, on an entirely different Amtrak train (yes, I'm very popular).

I'd like to book now to lock in a low fare, even though my plans are very much in flux at this point. My original reservation is booked through my Guest Rewards account. If I book the new ticket for the different train while not logged into Guest Rewards and use a different credit card and email address, would that avoid the impossible booking flagging? Should I use a credit card under someone else's name?

Presumably once this is sorted out, I should be able to add my Guest Rewards # to the new ticket if that's the trip I end up taking?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know if they're not checking these days but I had an impossible booking on a Regional and an Acela an hour apart for months, canceled one the day of travel, and never heard a peep from Amtrak. All on my same account, name, and credit card.

Back