Bad Time for Airlines, too

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporter
Gathering Team Member
It seems to be a perfect storm for the travel industry (if not for everything). Domestic travel is up. Airlines and Amtrak are understaffed. Amtrak's premium LD routes were shutdown during peak season. Hotels are understaffed and often sold out. Rental cars are impossible to find if not ridiculously expensive. Shortages in supply chains. Hospitals now near or at capacity. Restaurants and other service industries can't hire enough. Ah, fun times. :)

Devil's Advocate

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
Philippine Airlines returns 22 long haul aircraft and suspends deliveries of 13 more as it files for bankruptcy protection.

No surprises here as I found Philippines Airlines to be among the most disappointing experiences both in the skies and on the ground.

Devil's Advocate

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
Looks like the A380 is on its way out with some carriers retiring whole fleets while others will wait for replacements mostly comprised of A350's and B787's.

Malaysia Airlines
Thai Airways
Air France
Hi Fly
Qatar
Etihad
Lufthansa

What a difference a decade makes and I wonder who is next?

Personally I thought the A380 was rather ugly on the outside but was among the best aircraft I ever flew on the inside. Really quiet and comfortable all around.

Reactions: jis