Bag Storage in WAS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Metropolitan

OBS Chief
Used the search function but couldn't find an answer.

Here's the dilemma. I'd booked a trip to Boston for this Tuesday into Wednesday. Leave is at premium so I had to fly this time to and from BWI. Then I get a call back on a job application I submitted in Washington and I have an interview that morning of the 13th. So all things told, I'll need to bring my pilot's case the morning of the interview, take MARC to DC and get a later flight than planned from BWI.

I'd honestly rather not bring this case with me to the interview, so my ideal option would be to be able to store the bag at Washington Union Station. Is this an option, and if so, would it require an Amtrak ticket? Lacking that, I could possibly stop past the airport that morning and check the bag to Boston, though I have my worries that a bag checked that early might not make it on the flight. As well, I'd wanted to change into casual clothes prior to take off, not an option if I check it.

Club Acela is not an option for me since I'm no longer Select and don't have one day passes.

Yeah, it's down by the Sbarro - go like you're going out Gate A to the tracks and it's on your right, just before you go through the first set of automatic doors. It's a private op, so no ticket checks or anything. Depending on the size, it's a couple bucks an hour.

Yeah, it's down by the Sbarro - go like you're going out Gate A to the tracks and it's on your right, just before you go through the first set of automatic doors. It's a private op, so no ticket checks or anything. Depending on the size, it's a couple bucks an hour.
This baggage check area Ryan refers to is the old MARC information counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back