Bag Storage @ WUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeBas

Conductor
Good Afternoon,

My family and I will be traveling from Washington Union to 30th street via Acela BC in a couple of weeks (AGR member, with no status after burning my points last year before devaluation / no paid travel). We'll be mid-transit and have decent sized bags that we'd like to leave at the station while finishing up the Mall before an evening departure.

Does Club Acela in DC still take/watch bags? IIRC, BC Acela fare does not get club access, do they still sell family day passes for $20?

Joe

P.S. --> Sorry to the "asked and answered [link]here[/link]" crowd, but the search function appears to be down right now. ;)

I believe there is a paid (private) bag storage counter - but the prices are VERY high! I also think you can leave them at the counter for a fee.

The CA does not sell "day passes" (I don't believe), but you can redeem agr points for some. Also, somebody here may have extra passes.

I believe there is a paid (private) bag storage counter - but the prices are VERY high! I also think you can leave them at the counter for a fee.

The CA does not sell "day passes" (I don't believe), but you can redeem agr points for some. Also, somebody here may have extra passes.
Thanks for the info... after a little more digging I found this:

"All Business Class passengers can purchase daily access passes for the ClubAcela locations at Philadelphia - 30th Street Station and Boston - South Station for $20.00 per day. Speak with a uniformed employee at the station for more information."

https://www.amtrak.com/station-lounges

As I usually depart from PHL and not WAS, there's my confusion.

Looks like the bag storage is $10/bag, so I'll just have to make sure we travel fairly light and consolidate. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip on the redemption, BTW... I have just enough points after cashing out last year for a 5-pack, though I hate to waste 5000 points on what will be one visit, given where I live.

Back