Bar opens today at Metropolitan Lounge at Moynihan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I was in New York last month and those prices are not out of line for Manhattan. However, if you don't feel comfortable paying in that range, Rudy's (a genuine dive bar) isn't that long walk of a walk at 9th and 44th and they have very cheap drinks.

The "Santa Fe chicken" sandwiches that are part of the free food offerings at the Met Lounge are really tasty.

I also took the advice of getting really nice salad at Moynihan's Met Lounge to take aboard the Lake Shore to replace the very sad little flex dining salad.

The service staff at Moynihan's Met Lounge seemed impressively good to me. Friendly, fast, and very service oriented.
Those are great hearty tasty salads! If I'm hungry I'll also get the hard boiled eggs and place them in that salad to make a satisfying complete meal.

The food and beverage selection at Moynihan lounge is better than any food on board the LSL,Crescent,Cardinal and the Silver trains.
Have been in the Moynihan Lounge several times this fall... and mentioned that to the staff. They reiterate each time that Moynihan Lounge is the flagship lounge with plans to eventually expand that level of service to other lounges.

The lounge in Chicago is beautifully restored... and hopefully better service will be coming there. I did enjoy some very tasty biscotti biscuits and Milano cookies ... and an excellent choice of bagged chips and snacks... but nothing fresh... and no fruit. They do have a pay bar that opens up at about noon... drink prices seem higher than at Moynihan.

Took some picks when there a few days ago...

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

I missed this Amtrak Media post last week about the bar opening in the lounge at the Moynihan Train Hall. The bar is open daily 11am-7pm, while the lounge is open 5am-9:30pm M-F and 7am-9pm weekends.
Amtrak customers can now enjoy bar service at Amtrak’s premium Metropolitan Lounge in the Moynihan Train Hall in New York City. The bar menu offers beer, wine, cocktails, and hot food offerings available for purchase between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Nodding to the more than 400 breweries in New York state, the menu features rotating seasonal selections from local New York breweries, including Five Boroughs Brewing, Brooklyn Brewery, Ithaca Beer Company, Empire Brewing Company and Montauk Brewing Company.

Guests can also enjoy complimentary snacks, pastries, yogurt parfaits, fruit, salads, sandwiches, and La Colombe specialty coffee (i.e., espresso, lattes, americanos, etc.) throughout the day. As the service is elevated, Amtrak is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy dining environment. All prepacked items are served by an attendant behind the service counter.

Back