Bedroom A Bedroom B (price on Meteor)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please think again.

It may be the same price as your original and already-paid-for Roomette when Amtrak makes the change, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same price if the H room is offered as an option when booking.

Matter of fact, in all the thousands of fare searches I've made, I don't ever recall the H room offered at the same price as any other accommodation - it's always, IIRC, a little different.
Since I have done zero searches for H rooms versus your thousands, I bow to your experience.

Please think again.

It may be the same price as your original and already-paid-for Roomette when Amtrak makes the change, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same price if the H room is offered as an option when booking.

Matter of fact, in all the thousands of fare searches I've made, I don't ever recall the H room offered at the same price as any other accommodation - it's always, IIRC, a little different.
My understanding is that it is priced as a roomette for passengers who have a qualified disability. I believe if it has not been sold 2 weeks prior to departure, it is priced as a bedroom. Maybe COVID has changed that policy, but I believe the above is the policy that was in effect pre-COVID.

Since I have done zero searches for H rooms versus your thousands, I bow to your experience.
Sorry if I misled you. I don't specifically search for H room fares - they are occasionally offered when making searches for other sleepers for one adult. If one is offered it's simply ignored.

Back