Bedroom B Superliner on California Zephyr. Is it upstairs?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynn1991

Hi all. Is Bedroom B on car 531 upstairs? I have never traveled on Amtrak and am unfamiliar with the layout. My mother has some trouble with stairs, she can use them but it will be a bit slow. I know the sightseeing car is upstairs, is the dining car upstairs as well? Can you travel between the cars upstairs? Or would we need to go downstairs from our bedroom, then cross to another car, then back up the stairs to get to the sightseeing or dining car? Or if we are in an upstairs room could we stay upstairs to cross cars? Do they have bedrooms on the bottom? If so, I can call Amtrak and see if they can switch us to a lower bedroom. I know that was a lot of question, so I appreciate any insight you can give. Very excited for my first trip.

All of the lettered bedrooms are upstairs on Superliners, as is the dining car. Traveling between cars is done upstairs.

The family bedroom (with no restroom) and the accessible bedroom are both downstairs.

Bedroom B is upstairs, and the other cars are accessed from upstairs. It is easy to only climb the stairs once when boarding and not again until disembarking.

All of the lettered bedrooms are upstairs on Superliners, as is the dining car. Traveling between cars is done upstairs.

The family bedroom (with no restroom) and the accessible bedroom are both downstairs.
Thank you! It is good to know she won't have to use the stairs that many times on this trip.

May I suggest that when your about 15 minutes from your disembarking point, you ask the SCA if she can go downstairs early and just sit in an empty room until getting off? Depending on how many people are also departing at your destination and how many are just wanting to get off to get some fresh air if it is a long stop, it could be stressful for her with all the people behind her wanting to depart as quickly as possible. By already being downstairs, her stress level, and therefore her chances of having an issue on the stairs, would be much lower.
You can ask the SCA much earlier but specify that she wants to go downstairs about 15 minutes early and sit down there. That's enough time to get down before the early birds crowd the area with their luggage and themselves but not so early that she is hanging around there forever.

1642100985239.png

No. The original poster is in Bedroom B which, like all the lettered bedrooms, has a private toilet and shower. You don't need to go downstairs to use the shower if you are in a bedroom.
yup, I was thinking roomette, of course that is not true in a bedroom. while it is true in my case, it would not apply to these folks....

May I suggest that when your about 15 minutes from your disembarking point, you ask the SCA if she can go downstairs early and just sit in an empty room until getting off? Depending on how many people are also departing at your destination and how many are just wanting to get off to get some fresh air if it is a long stop, it could be stressful for her with all the people behind her wanting to depart as quickly as possible. By already being downstairs, her stress level, and therefore her chances of having an issue on the stairs, would be much lower.
You can ask the SCA much earlier but specify that she wants to go downstairs about 15 minutes early and sit down there. That's enough time to get down before the early birds crowd the area with their luggage and themselves but not so early that she is hanging around there forever.

Thank you that is very good info. I will be sure to do that on our trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back