BeechGrove hit by tornado!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
Just got the info that BG got hit by a tornado yesterday. Major building damage on 3 buildings, roofs torn off,etc.

From what I got, the carbody shop got hit, the material storage building and the loco shop. No info on car damage in the yard.

I wonder if this would allow Amtrak to apply for FEMA funding?

Bad news. :( Will try to get more info.

B)

I hope everyone at the BG was ok and their was no injuryies

Guy

I still can't find any info specifically relating to Amtrak's shop in Beech Grove Indiana. However, here is the initial damage assesment from Marion County where Beech Grove is located.

Marion County:
Damage: 97 injuries; 106 homes, 7 businesses damaged. Door-to-door damage assessment under way.
You can also find info on the other counties in Indiana that were hit by the tornados from the Indianapolis Star. The same article also provides some other links to other tornado stories.

Click here for the latest from trains newswire.

Tornado damages main Amtrak shop near Indianapolis

At least one tornado struck Amtrak’s Beech Grove, Ind., shop complex on Friday, causing more than $1 million in damage. No one was injured, but the series of twisters caused more than $30 million in damage in the surrounding area.

Eight buildings in the shop complex suffered damage, most of it roof-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back