Best name for Twilight Shoreliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best name for Twilight Shoreliner

• Retain the name Twilight Shoreliner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call it the Federal, as planned.

• Bring back the Night Owl.

• Regional 66 and Regional 67.

• Other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
battalion51 said:
OK, does the Federal have a sleeper or not? Many people down here are not happy about the 12 car going away on the Star, not only the attendants, but also Conductors. One Conductor told me he had ONE empty room on the whole train the last time he worked the train this week. i personally hink dropping the 12 car is losing revenue that is there to be had.
Well according to Arrow, the Federal will have a sleeping car. In fact I've already booked a reservation for a room in the sleeper. :)

However, I have no idea why this would cause the Star to loose a sleeper. The Federal will mearly use the sleepers that were assigned to the Twilight Shoreliner. So there would be no need for the Federal to steal a sleeper from the Star.

If Amtrak is taking a sleeper off of the Star, then they have other plans for it. However, it's not going to the Federal as it has no need for another sleeper.

Alan, are you taking the inagural trip?

Battalion, trainorders says the Stars 12 car becomes the second NYP Sleeper on the LSL.

Viewliner said:
Alan, are you taking the inagural trip?
Even better. :) I'm taking the final run of a Twilight Shoreliner in a sleeper from Boston to Richmond. Then I'm returning to Boston from DC on the inagural run of the Federal. Thanks to the 25% off sale, I got a pretty good deal for all of this. Just a smidge over $300 bucks for the whole trip. :D

Of course that doesn't include my getting to and from Boston from my home station of NYP.

Viewliner said:
Battalion, trainorders says the Stars 12 car becomes the second NYP Sleeper on the LSL.
Which actually makes perfect sense to me. During the winter months traffic between Chicago & NY goes down, while people heading to Florida goes way up. However during the summer months the Lake Shore does a brisk business. I suspect that they could probably still sell out the sleeper on the Star too, but this balances the load better.

Alan, I envy you, enjoy the trip, and take plenty of Pics, particualarlly of the Viewliner. I'm glad I at least passed it (Shoreliner) on the Silver Meteor (#98).

What a neat trip, Alan, Hope you enjoy.

On the subject of "last runs' I was on the last run of the last passenger train out of my home town, Chattanooga, the day Amtrak became a reality. Took it one way to ATl, came back on the bus....no more train.The train was an inglorious 2 hr. 35 minutes late.

There was a picture of the train and its crew in the paper. Oddly, the conductor on that train was the father of a person I know on my present job in ATl--just found that out 2 or 3 years ago. Small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back