BEST TIME TO CALL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW

I finally got thru & then there were other delays! Anyway , its done!! I called @ 8:40 & finished @ 9:12 to make a one way, 1 zone trip reservation. I asked the Agent how the transition was going, she said " Well, it's going!"
laugh.gif

I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR 15 MINUTES, WAITING FOR AN AGENT. IS THERE CERTAIN TIMES THAT ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS?
The easiest way is to become Select or Select+ and use the special number!
laugh.gif
You go right to the head of the line!
biggrin.gif

Beyond that, I'd try calling in the middle of the night - like 2-5 AM ET for Amtrak. AGR will be closed then.
I don't know I called the Select/Select+ number 2 days ago just to see how many rail points I had and I was on the phone for almost 20 minutes. The agent wanted so much information to confirm who I was it was getting a little tedious, Member #, First and Last Name, Address, Phone # then she was ready to help me.

The agent wanted so much information to confirm who I was it was getting a little tedious, Member #, First and Last Name, Address, Phone # then she was ready to help me.
I'm sure that after all the problems that they had with the transfer that the agents have all been instructed to verify all info with each customer calling in so as to ensure accuracy of the info.

I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR 15 MINUTES, WAITING FOR AN AGENT. IS THERE CERTAIN TIMES THAT ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS?
I called at 10am on a Thursday; after 15 minutes on hold I hung up. Called back in the afternoon around 3pm & the wait was about 3 minutes. Not sure if that is a real indication of when to call or I just got lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call 15 minutes before closing the day before a major holiday...... you will get whatever you wish for

Back