Bid Up?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

trimetbusfan

Service Attendant
if you had to cancel a trip.. would your bidup be removed? or would you be charged for a bid?

what happens if you switch trains. are you responsible for the bidup or is it cancelled?
Reservations with scheduled connections are also not eligible for bidup

Last edited:

trimetbusfan

Service Attendant
Supposedly the policy (or at least the practice) is to protect you anyway, at least insomuch as they choose to protect anyone on that particular day.
I guess either way, if you get awarded an upgrade and then that accommodation is sold out on the next days train you’ll have to get put in Coach.

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I guess either way, if you get awarded an upgrade and then that accommodation is sold out on the next days train you’ll have to get put in Coach.
That happens even if your original booking was in Sleeper. When there is no space in the alternate provided one gets a downgrade. This happens on airlines too, so nothing new there. Usually the difference in fare is refunded when that happens.

JermyZP

Train Attendant
It's it possible to see other bids from other people so I can increase my bid or I just need to make a bid amount and who ever put in the highest amount gets it?