Big Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the realm of "I can't believe it", I just saw a report on NBC that suggests that Palm Beach County in Florida is once again having big problems with their ballots.
Let's just hope that the vote in the rest of the state isn't so close that we are once again depending on PBC to figure out who voted for whom.
Amazing really. Considering certain fractions in your country are so keen to export 'democracy' to other countries, yet the ability to organise a fair (and transparently fair) election is seemingly beyond the ability of the USA.

After the shambles of 8 years ago you think there would be some sort of learning curve.....

Limeys need not apply.
(But BTW, Neil, I largely agree with you).
I know you Yankees are very over excitable ;) , but I do wish that some of the enthusiasm I see on the TV for your election would rub off over here, the right to vote is an important one, if only to remind the procession of low grade crooks and vagabonds that bid to rule us just why and for whom they are elected..... :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
GG-1 (Eric) resides in Hawaii, where the polls are still open and I understand votes are cast with coconuts and pineapples.

Yes, a half coconut for Obama, and a shark fin for McCain- they just put them in the ballot box and count and see if they have more fins or nuts..
Don't forget to keep the vote secret we wrap the ballot's in tea leaves. :blink: :rolleyes:

In the realm of "I can't believe it", I just saw a report on NBC that suggests that Palm Beach County in Florida is once again having big problems with their ballots.
Let's just hope that the vote in the rest of the state isn't so close that we are once again depending on PBC to figure out who voted for whom.
Amazing really. Considering certain fractions in your country are so keen to export 'democracy' to other countries, yet the ability to organise a fair (and transparently fair) election is seemingly beyond the ability of the USA.

After the shambles of 8 years ago you think there would be some sort of learning curve.....
but if they didn't muck it and have to do it over they would only get paid for one day instead now they get paid for the the extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back