Big Problems on the NEC BOS-PVD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
I'm currently sitting on 2150 at Providence. We're holding here because there is a gas leak at the Route 128 station. No trains are moving north or south, or if you prefer nothing is going railroad east or west at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now on train #190. Train 2250 dumped all it's passengers and terminated at Providence. It's reversing and going back to NY and points west as 2163. Hoping that we'll get to move shortly going east. Amtrak twitter feed is saying that traffic is moving through Route 128, but to expect delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Mansfield does have a mini-high. But since again the Acela I was riding went back to NY, it doesn't really matter what level the platform is at. Regionals can serve either.

As for why, all I know is that dispatch said to stop & pick up passengers that were stranded by the problem. Don't know if they were Amtrak pax that got dumped there or MBTA pax that were stranded since there were no T trainsets west of RTE. I've passed 1 since leaving PVD going west, but it would probably be at least another 1/2 hour or more before that trainset heads back to Boston. Longer if he's got to go west of PVD.

Just arrived at RTE (Route 128). I'm happy to report that it hasn't exploded and it is still standing and in good condition. Not sure just what went down, other than there was a gas leak in the station. And it was considered dangerous enough to stop both the NEC and all traffic on Route 128, the beltway around Boston. The bridge over the NEC for 128 is right next to the station.

And we crawled into the station at a very slow speed and left at a very slow speed, as did a west bound Acela. Not sure why as I didn't see anyone on the ground around the area. But there still is a smell of gas in the area that was picked up by the ventilation system.

Well I'm now in Boston, sitting in the Club Acela awaiting my trip back home on 2171. Burning up free upgrade coupons, earning double points, and one ride closer to Select Exec. :)

Hopefully there will be no further gas leaks, or any other problems for that matter, on the way back home.

Glad to hear you are safe. I am jealous about the Select Executive. Hopefully your ride home will be uneventful, and you will be "wining" and dining on an Acela.

Glad to hear you are safe. I am jealous about the Select Executive. Hopefully your ride home will be uneventful, and you will be "wining" and dining on an Acela.
If for 2014 AGR adds Select Executive Plus requiring 40,000 TQP, Alan will have to take out a second mortgage! :)

If for 2014 AGR adds Select Executive Plus requiring 40,000 TQP, Alan will have to take out a second mortgage! :)
I'd have to take out a first, before I could take out a second. :D

Whoah, that is crazy. My H worked from home today so didn't have any issues.

Glad you made it out of PVD safely. Enjoy the ride home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back