Blowing Smoke Up My Skirt? Changing Reservations ...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andersone

Conductor
I finally got the tickets for the long awaited trip to Glacier. On the way out, I am in 730,,, coming back however they put me in 2830, which correct me if I am wrong, is the Portland sleeper,,,,, She Who Must Be Obeyed called yesterday to try and get them to move us to 830 to be closer to the diner. The agent put her on hold, checked with her supervisor, and responded that "they don't know how the train will be made up". I am old and feeble but I will bet my next paycheck that's not the truth. Am I right or am I wrong?

Oh they know how the train will be made up - PDX section goes on the back end. But, here may be the problem. Buckets may be different in the SEA sleepers and you may end up paying much more if you re-book to a SEA car. Check Amsnag and see what's going on for the dates you want before calling back. They can't just switch you from the PDX section to SEA section for the sanme price as technically they are two different trains.

ahh,,, the wisdom that surrounds me here,,,,,, it will be a hike for those with special needs, but I am not going there,,,

thanks so much for the info

ahh,,, the wisdom that surrounds me here,,,,,, it will be a hike for those with special needs, but I am not going there,,,

thanks so much for the info
But it wouldn't hurt to check Amsnag and see what the prices are. Heck - it could be less!!

I finally got the tickets for the long awaited trip to Glacier. On the way out, I am in 730,,, coming back however they put me in 2830, which correct me if I am wrong, is the Portland sleeper,,,,, She Who Must Be Obeyed called yesterday to try and get them to move us to 830 to be closer to the diner. The agent put her on hold, checked with her supervisor, and responded that "they don't know how the train will be made up". I am old and feeble but I will bet my next paycheck that's not the truth. Am I right or am I wrong?
"She who must be obeyed".........a reference to Rumpole of the Bailey........excellent!

we have the first night, as a buffer at GPK - never know what time the EB will arrive

three days of a balcony on the second floor of the Many Glacier hotel,

since my Rumpole Reference just had heel surgery no hiking, but four boat tours

then over GTSR to the Belton ,,, gonna make it two days there with a round of golf

after you play a sport for 57 years you don't pass up a course

then back east only because we can't drop the car at Apgar,,,,

but Marias Pass at sunset will be worth it,,,,

I am reliving the trips of my youth,,,,,,

Reservations may not know how the train is made up, but we do. 2830 will always be the last car on the Portland section and the diner will always be right behind the diner sleepers in the Seattle section. There will be at least 4-5 cars between 2830 and the diner, the Portland coaches, the Sightseer Lounge and the 2 Seattle coaches.

Edited for stupidity. Thanks Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
and the diner will always be right behind the diner in the Seattle section.
huh.jpg

I thought I had the consist right,,,, oh well I am not going to try and mess with the package,,, I will end up in coach knowing my luck, then SHMBO will be VERY grouchy

From another forum on AU:

[SIZE=10pt]http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbersconsist-listings/page-1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]7/8[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [CHI-SPK-SEA][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]27/28[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [CHI-SPK-PDX][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]807/808[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [CHI-MSP only[/SIZE]]

[SIZE=10pt]Empire Builder[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]6 sets[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt](2 sets MSP coach - seasonal)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]CHI pool[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]----|---- [sEA] Heritage Baggage[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0732|0832 [sEA] Superliner Dorm/Sleeper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0731|0831 [sEA] Superliner Sleeper (seasonal)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0730|0830 [sEA] Superliner Sleeper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]----|---- [sEA] Superliner Diner[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0711|0811 [sEA] Superliner Coach[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0712|0812 [sEA] Superliner Coach *[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]----|---- [PDX] Superliner Lounge[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2714|2814 [PDX] Superliner Coach ***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2715|2815 [PDX] Superliner Coach[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2730|2830 [PDX] Superliner Sleeper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]0709|0809 [MSP] Superliner Coach (Snack Coach or[/SIZE] Baggage Coach as sub) (seasonal)

[SIZE=10pt]* One of the SEA coaches may be a baggage coach[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]*** One of the PDX coaches must be a baggage coach.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back