BNSF (Amtrak) Depot in Lawrence, KS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
For those of us in the KC/Lawrence Area (I know there are at least three of us on the board!), this may be of interest, especially with the prospects of an extension of the Heartland Flyer to Kansas City. Since this is on a Sunday, I should be able to attend.

Lawrence Journal World said:
The city will host a meeting from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 27 to discuss how the 1950s-era building may be rehabilitated. The meeting will be at the depot, 413 E. Seventh St.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/16/c...ure-bnsf-depot/

For those of us in the KC/Lawrence Area (I know there are at least three of us on the board!), this may be of interest, especially with the prospects of an extension of the Heartland Flyer to Kansas City. Since this is on a Sunday, I should be able to attend.
Lawrence Journal World said:
The city will host a meeting from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 27 to discuss how the 1950s-era building may be rehabilitated. The meeting will be at the depot, 413 E. Seventh St.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/16/c...ure-bnsf-depot/
A good cantidate for stimulus funding, have your political reps gotten involved/notified? Will the railroad sell it cheap, like $10 which has happened in nseveral cities! Hopefully they wont rennovate it, then turn it in to a resturant or offices and have the rail paxs waiting under a shed or amshak thrown up like so many other short sighted cities have done! :)

Im off that Sunday I will make a real effort to make it over and see what's going on. It is not like the Chiefs are worth watching.

Not bad timing. A week from today in the wee hours of 9/24 will be the first time I have used the station in Lawrence. I’m running out to Garden City and back the same day on the SWC for a meeting. I have stopped and looked at the station before not much of a building to look at. I think the stations in Topeka and Lawrence may have been built in the same era. It will never be and never was one of those cute little buildings one sees from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm hoping to be there, as well! i've been working with the depot redux group on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back