BOA sent refund check re AGR Master Card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
My BOA AGR Master Card account has had a credit balance for months as a result of my canceling 3 Amtrak trips, 2 of which were fairly expensive. My credit balance was slowly going down since I was charging most of my expenditures. However, much to my surprise BOA refunded my credit balance. Yesterday, I received a check in the mail in the amount of the fairly small credit balance at that time. BTW, so far, I have very few complaints regarding the AGR World Master Card.

I also have a credit balance on my American Express account as a result of a chargeback for the America by Rail charge for a tour that they canceled. That credit balance is rapidly approaching zero due to spending.

That's good to hear. I've got a cancelled cruise, travel insurance and other expenses being credited back to my AGR card. I was gonna contact BofA to get that off my card and back into my bank so your post sounds hopeful.
On the "downside" my points earnings have been negative as they take the earned points back...in my case a lot of them were 2 points per dollar for travel.

That's good to hear. I've got a cancelled cruise, travel insurance and other expenses being credited back to my AGR card. I was gonna contact BofA to get that off my card and back into my bank so your post sounds hopeful.
On the "downside" my points earnings have been negative as they take the earned points back...in my case a lot of them were 2 points per dollar for travel.
My points earnings have been negative for a while. I received the check without requesting it. I have to get used to paying a credit card bill again. lol

Actually the Truth in Lending act requires credit card companies to attempt to refund any credit balance on the card after six months. I had a couple of LD Amtrak charges on my United card, and got an email ostensibly from United card services asking me for my bank account information so that they could deposit some cash owed to me into it. Well, scam alert bells went off in my head, so I called the number on the back of my United card and got their fraud department, who told me that the law requires them to try to do this, but that since it had been a few days since I got the email, I needed to respond almost immediately in order to get the amount automatically deposited. In the alternative, after a couple more weeks, they would cut me a check. It seemed to me that the fewer financial services companies that have my checking account info the better, so I waited, got the check and deposited it myself.

Actually the Truth in Lending act requires credit card companies to attempt to refund any credit balance on the card after six months. I had a couple of LD Amtrak charges on my United card, and got an email ostensibly from United card services asking me for my bank account information so that they could deposit some cash owed to me into it. Well, scam alert bells went off in my head, so I called the number on the back of my United card and got their fraud department, who told me that the law requires them to try to do this, but that since it had been a few days since I got the email, I needed to respond almost immediately in order to get the amount automatically deposited. In the alternative, after a couple more weeks, they would cut me a check. It seemed to me that the fewer financial services companies that have my checking account info the better, so I waited, got the check and deposited it myself.
thanks for the information about the Truth in Lending act. It probably has been about 6 months since my first credits posted on my AGR account. My American Express credit posted a bit later.

I think I've "erased" my credits from my cancelled trains. They were on the same card I use every day.

Back