Boarding with a Onewheel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed a guy riding a one wheel, it’s in the center of a flat board so to say, I guess it’s what you have. What’s the difficulty riding it. Looks sketchy.

I've ridden my brother's and it takes some practice but overall isn't particularly difficult. Ironically he fell and sprained his wrist riding a couple days before I bought mine. 😂

The big thing is that if you're just checking it in, they're not likely to look. The whole thing about so-called hoverboards is that many have horrendously poor quality batteries. As far as I can tell, Onewheel is not that kind of garbage. But you'll want it in some sort of luggage. I'm not sure what size you're looking at and how you can securely transport it.

Amtrak has a long list of "might be" prohibited stuff. The weirdest is "household or automotive items". I'll admit that I bought some plates at a mall during lunch and took Amtrak home. I suppose I was in violation. However, I don't really think that was the intent of the rule.

I would just slip it inside of an old army duffel-bag and carry it on as normal baggage.
(You didn't plan on using it during the trip, I,m guessing.)

I would just slip it inside of an old army duffel-bag and carry it on as normal baggage.
(You didn't plan on using it during the trip, I,m guessing.)

Nope, I'd just use it at my destination.

As far as I can tell, Onewheel is not that kind of garbage.
I certainly hope not for the $1400 they ask for it. 😂

Back